July 22nd, 2020 by admin
IT News You Can Use
Visitor Management and Employee Pre-Screening Simplified
Protect yourself and your employees by doing everything within your power to keep your facility safe.
You can screen staff and visitors with pre-screening questions and even take their temperature!
- Access Control Integration
- Guest Arrival Notification
- Incorporate Pre-Access Documentation or Safety Videos
Call or text us at 562-298-5000 to learn more.
Netwalker Hacking Group Exploiting COVID-19 to Infect Computer Systems
Ransomware can prevent you from from accessing the files on your network and when infected by ransomware the hacker will typically demand payment to release your information back to you.
The Netwalker Hacking Group has taken it a step further, they promise to release the information to the public if you don't meet their demands. Even if you have backups of your servers and a secure recovery solution in place it's not enough to stop them from releasing critical data that could damage your businesses reputation.
They send e-mails appearing to be related to COVID-19, exploiting people’s interest in safety and information. Their main targets have been the Health Industry, with a recent June attack that affected nearly 50,000 people in the Baltimore area.
Ransomware can be stopped. With our help you can prepare yourself and your staff from threats and individuals who wish to harm you.
Working from home is becoming a new normal during COVID-19 but many companies don't see that changing post pandemic. A study by Airtasker researched the productivity and eectiveness of a remote employee. Here is what they found:
- Remote employees work an additional 1.4 more days per month than in-office employees, which is nearly 17 additional workdays a year.
- Remote employees take longer breaks on average than office employees (22 minutes versus 18 minutes, respectively), but they work an additional 10 minutes a day.
- Office workers are unproductive for an average 37 minutes a day, not including lunch or breaks, whereas remote employees are unproductive for only 27 minutes.
- 15% of remote workers said their boss distracted them from work, which is less than the 22% of office-based employees who said the same thing.
You can see the incentive for companies to keep their employees remote as they move forward.
Are you making changes in your work environment? Need someone to help you setup your remote workforce to ensure you're data is safe and communication is secure. We have been in the communication business for 35 years now and know the obstacles you'll face as you make changes to better your business.
The first and primary goal of BTI is to deliver the foremost level of technical quality that can be delivered in Networking, Security and Telephony.
Posted in: Newsletter